On Monday of this week I was elated to find out that Keri from I Eat Trees blessed me with the Versatile Blogger Award!
I have to say I was very excited and honored to receive this award. I’ve never received a blogger award before from anyone! Keri is such a sweet person who comments on my blog all the time. I so appreciate all those comments! Thank you Keri!
The rules of The Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
Okay so here’s seven random things about me that you might not already know from reading my blog:
1. I had 3 operations when I was 9-10 years old and one more when I was 14. I have a metal plate in my arm that does not set off the regular metal detector at the airport, but if I am chosen to be wanded, the wand picks it up. I have scars on both legs and one arm from all my surgeries.
2. I am turning 30 in less than one month. Eeeeeep! But I still get carded all the time, including at last night’s dinner with Benzo. It’s a rare occurence when I don’t get carded actually.
3. I don’t like flip flops. I never wear them.
4. I don’t like talking to people in public bathrooms. I prefer to get in there, do my business, and get out. If you want to have a conversation with me, let’s wait until we are out of the bathroom. Public bathrooms are just uncomfortable places in my opinion.
5. Bees are my trademark. I have lots of stuff with bees on it, like candles, towels, coffee mugs, picture frames, etc. It’s kind of funny that I don’t have a bee anywhere on my blog. I’ve thought about working a bee into my header but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
6. I don’t like birthday cards. I think they are a waste most of the time. I’ll give a birthday card if I’m giving a gift card as the gift, I’m mailing the gift, or the card is the only thing I’m giving. But if I’m giving an actual gift I don’t see the need for a card. It’s a waste of paper and the other person is just going to throw it away in a few days.
7. I like spy movies and spy books. I loved that show Alias and thought it would be super cool to be Sydney Bristow.
And there you have seven random things about me!
Now to pass on the award to some bloggers I read regularly and think are great:
So you might have noticed that I have not posted the peach jam recipe yet. This is because Benzo has not edited my videos yet despite my pleading. Today he is working on the kitchen floor again so the video editing might not get done today either. And sorry my friends, but if it’s a choice between him working on the kitchen floor or working on the videos, I’m going to pick the floor. That project has been going on far too long and it’s this close to being done!