No it’s not Sunday. But this is what I made in my slow cooker a couple Sundays ago:
I forgot to take a picture when we had it for dinner (Jack was having a rough evening), so here’s a picture of the leftovers for lunch on Monday.
Notes & Changes:
- I omitted the mushrooms as I’m not a big fan
- Did not have a full cup of wild rice so used brown to make up the difference
- Only added 1/2 cup of milk at the end because my crockpot was filled to the max!
- Forgot the parsley
- Skipped the almonds
- When I added the flour I was a little concerned about the lumps but they broke up just fine during cooking
- We got two dinner servings and two lunch servings plus a bowl with 2-4 more servings for the freezer. Love the leftovers!
Overall opinion? Two thumbs up! This soup is warm and comforting and perfect for fall and winter. I immediately added wild rice to my shopping list to have on hand so we can make it again soon.